Amazing how people can discuss, at length, the legitimacy of Kanye’s faith, but nobody dare even so much as question Trump’s faith.
Either people are straight up disingenuous or they’re blind to their own prejudice. There is no in-between on this matter. Those are the only two possible explanations.
What matter am I talking about?
TO MY ACCUSERS
Seriously? Cut the BS, people. How are those of you who have let this question enter your heart this inept when it comes to testing the spirits and judging bad vs good fruits?
- “Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.” – 1 John 4:1 ESV
- “Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life!” – 1 Corinthians 6:2-3 ESV
YOU WILL RECOGNIZE THEM BY THEIR FRUIT
“Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.” – John 7:24 ESV
Why is it that I say Kanye is a Christian, albeit a baby Christian, while I accuse Trump of not being a Christian, who simply panders to Christians? Let’s compare Kanye and Trump:
- Preaches repentance.
- Says he needed to turn from his former life of sin.
- Goes on record to talk about his faith and how Jesus is God.
- Quotes scripture in his new music.
- Lifts up the name of Jesus, at great personal and social cost to himself.
- Declares to the world that Jesus is King.
- Said he doesn’t think he’s ever asked God for forgiveness at a Christian conference (SOURCE)
- Can’t quote a single verse of scripture when asked what his favorite verse is in an interview with Bloomberg news and said his beliefs are personal and he doesn’t want to talk about it:
- When Matthew 5 (love enemies, pray for those who persecute you) was read at the National Prayer Breakfast, the speaker Arthur Brooks asked members to raise their hand if they loved someone who disagreed with them about politics. Trump declined and said he disagreed. (SOURCE)
- When interviewed by Cal Thomas, Trump was asked who Jesus is. Trump said, “Jesus to me is somebody I can think about for security and confidence. Somebody I can revere in terms of bravery and in terms of courage and, because I consider the Christian religion so important, somebody I can totally rely on in my own mind.”
Note how Trump didn’t say that Jesus is his personal Lord and Savior, nor did he say that Jesus is God. (SOURCE)
- Trump retweeted a video that said that the only good Democrat is a dead one. (SOURCE)
REPENTANCE IS REQUIRED FOR SALVATION
- “And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” – Acts 2:38 ESV
- “From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” – Matthew 4:17 ESV
- “Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of God, and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.” – Mark 1:14-15 ESV
- “For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death.” – 2 Corinthians 7:10 ESV
- “No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him.” – 1 John 3:6 ESV
LOVE GOD, LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR
- “If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.” – 1 John 4:20 ESV
- “Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.” – 1 John 3:15 ESV
- “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” – Matthew 22:36-40 ESV
BELIEVE IN THE LORD JESUS
- “Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?” – John 11:25-26 ESV
- “because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” – Romans 10:9-11 ESV
- “So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.” – Matthew 10:32-33 ESV
SPARE ME YOUR EXCUSES
Trump isn’t required to be a Christian. As an American Christian, I am obligated to respect the office he holds, obey laws he signs and to pray for him. That does not mean I am not allowed to criticize his pandering or behavior, just as the prophets and John the Baptist called out wicked kings and queens.
But – BUT – don’t sit there and publicly accuse me of the sin of partiality / showing favoritism for correctly pointing out that Trump isn’t a Christian, as well as saying that Christians need to stop holding him up as if he is the savior of this country and world.
If you can’t figure out who is pandering to you for a vote, vs who is a new Christian, no wonder so many Christians have absolute garbage theology and follow after false teachers.
Repent of your prejudice and ask God to give you discernment so that you don’t fall for false brothers who pander to your flesh and ego.
Pray that Trump stops pandering to Christians and instead repents and believes in Jesus.
Pray for Kanye to be strengthened in his walk so that he doesn’t fall away.
Also, spare me the BS about how Trump is pro-life and somehow me criticizing Trump’s religious pandering is indicative of me supposedly being a pro-choice Democrat. (As of June 4, 2020) I’m a registered Republican who voted for Trump in 2016. Also, I was a Republican state delegate for Nevada in the 2012 presidential election.
Both George W. Bush and Trump had periods of time where the House, Senate and the Executive Branch were Republican. At no time did they outlaw abortion. If they actually cared about babies, they would have ended it and let it come before the Supreme Court. They didn’t, because then they’d have no other issue to pander to you about come election season.
JUDGE THIS FRUIT
“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’”- Matthew 7:15-23 ESV
JUDGE THOSE WHO CLAIM TO BELIEVE
“But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.” – 1 Corinthians 5:11-13 ESV