Christian man dismissing a woman; “You should look at 1 Timothy 2:11-13.” Does the Bible REALLY teach that women are supposed to be speechless and meek at church?
Study Guide for Crack Your Bible
Episode 138 12/06/2017
🙏🏻 Can Christian women teach or must they be silent? Pt. 1
Today on #CrackYourBible, we’re talking about the role of women in the church. While 1 Timothy and 1 Corinthians seem to state that women aren’t allowed to teach or speak in the church, why does God give prophetic gifts to women if they’re seemingly not allowed to use these talents and gifts from God? What’s the point of this anyway?
From the Bible we know
- Many people want to pretend to be teachers when they have no clue what they’re talking about. 1 Timothy 1:6-7
- Prophetess Huldah was sought to speak for God to the priests. 2 Kings 22:14-16
- Priscilla and Aquila BOTH taught Apollo when he spoke incorrectly. Acts 18:26-28
- Women not being allowed to teach is a misunderstanding of 1 Timothy 2:11-15, 1 Corinthians 14:34-35
- Many women worked under Paul in the ministry. Acts 16
- God does not show favoritism or partiality. Acts 10:34-35
- We are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28
- Your young women will prophesy. Joel 2:28-29
- Martha was upset that Mary didn’t help her serve, and instead listened to Jesus’ teaching. Luke 10:38-42
- Let your light shine. A lamp is not placed under a bowl! Matthew 5:14-16