(NOT PROSPERITY GOSPEL) Pastors who tell you to tithe for the purpose of receiving a financial blessing are cursing their flock! Learn the real truth about the Biblical tithe for today’s Christians – is it even required for God’s people?
Study Guide for Crack Your Bible
Episode 239 09/13/2018
💰 Are Christians required to tithe (Shocking TRUTH) Part 1
Today on #CrackYourBible, we’re talking about the tithe. So often false pastors prey on Christians who are desperate for healing or a financial miracle, and it’s ruining the body of Christ. On the flip side, some Christians are so sensitive to the corruption from fake pastors concerning money, that they’re so afraid to speak about money that they go broke or burn out of the ministry altogether.
It’s time Christians understand what the tithe is so that we can set the stage in part 2 to see what God asks of His people in financial matters.
Click Here For Part 2 of this Tithing Series
✝️ Bible Verses Related to Episode 239
- Eternal Life is a free gift through Jesus. Romans 6:23
- You cannot obtain the gift of God with money! Acts 8:18-23
- The tithe went to the Levite, the sojourner, the orphan and the widow. Deuteronomy 26:12-13
- God required a burnt offering twice a day. Exodus 29:38-42
- Jesus’ parents offered a sacrifice when He was born. Luke 2:22-24
- Pharisees tithed even their spices yet neglected the laws of God. Matthew 23:23-24
- Widows weren’t enrolled on the widows’ list for support unless they were at least over the age of 60. 1 Timothy 5:9-10
- Our citizenship is in heaven. Philippians 3:18-21
- Jesus spoke about the Kingdom, the most. Matthew 6:31-33
- We must be about our Father’s business. Luke 2:49
- We are God’s coworkers. 1 Corinthians 3:9
- Those who proclaim the Gospel should get their living by the Gospel. 1 Corinthians 9:13-14
- Jesus is our High Priest. Hebrews 4:14-16